Celebration Cake Class – Fully Booked
July 26 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm£145
This class is a great introduction to big cake decorating using buttercream and sugarpaste.
It is ideal for beginners, or intermediate cake decorators that perhaps haven’t been able to get sharp edges with buttercream before and would like to learn a new technique.
The cake would be ideal for any celebration cake and you can decorate it in any colour scheme or style that you like.
During this class you will learn how to:
- level your sponge cake and sandwich it together with buttercream
- make the perfect buttercream and ‘crumb coat’ your cake to give the perfect base for a smooth finish
- colour sugarpaste using gel, in whichever colour scheme you choose
- cover your cake with sugarpaste, getting the edges as sharp as possible
- make a stunning sugar teacup topper (yes, it really is all edible!) to give your cake a vintage feel
- use edible paint techniques on your teacup to bring it to life
- make simple but effective sugar flowers, and
- add the final finishing touches and embellishments
At the end of the class, you’ll have a stunning cake to take home and eat with your friends and family, and will have learnt new skills so that you can recreate the cake another time. All equipment is provided (including a delicious freshly made vanilla cake for you to decorate), and we will be happy to help with any questions at all you may have about cake decorating during the class.