Reindeer Cake Class (sponge cake)
December 15 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm£120
This fun Reindeer Cake Class is a great introduction to novelty cake decorating just in time for the festive season and will teach you how to make this utterly adorable reindeer cake. It is ideal for beginners or intermediate cake decorators who would like to learn new decorating techniques.
We will be running three dates for this class, one using a fruit cake, and two using a sponge, so you can choose which cake you would prefer. This date is one of the sponge cake dates, but please do note that the cake will not keep until Christmas Day if you come along on this date (unless you freeze it). If you wish to keep the cake until Christmas Day, please look at our other two dates.
During this class you will learn how to:
- Level and cover a sponge cake in chocolate ganache
- Cover and decorate a cake drum for a professional effect
- Cover your cake with sugarpaste, getting a smooth finish
- Make stunning but simple decorations, handcut and using templates, in any colour you choose
- Create the ‘Christmas effect’ using lustres and edible metallics
- And more!
At the end of the class, you’ll have a stunning cake to take home, ideal for any festive celebration.
All equipment is provided (including a delicious vanilla sponge cake, for you to decorate) and we will be happy to help with any questions at all you may have during the class.