- This class has passed.
Sequins and Flowers Wedding Cake Class
9th November 2018 @ 10:00 am - 10th November 2018 @ 4:00 pm£220
The Sequins and Flowers Wedding Cake Class will teach you how to create this stunning 3 tiered cake in your own choice of colour scheme. It is an ideal introductory class for somebody looking to learn how to cover and stack big cakes perfectly, or looking to expand their existing skills.
This cake decorating class is perfect if you are contemplating making a wedding cake, or any other kind of occasion cake that will be tiered, as you will be working with three tiers in this class. You will learn how to crumbcoat, level and fill one tier of real cake, and also learn how to cover cake dummies so that you can get to grips with both techniques. You’ll create your own show-stopping cake to take home and enjoy with family and friends.
During this two day class you will learn how to:
level, cover and crumb coat your sponge cake with buttercream
- cover 2 cake dummies
- stack your tiers so they are level and more importantly, are secure!
- cover deep cakes in sugarpaste, working on a perfect finish and sharp edges to give your cake a professional look
- master handling and rolling sugarpaste for big cakes
- create an edible sequin effect in gold/silver/rose gold
- make stunning flowers including an anemone and eucalyptus leaves (please note the David Austin style rose shown in the photos isn’t included in this class as we simply don’t have the time unfortunately)
- correct and erase mistakes
- bring your flowers to life using edible dusts and lustres and
- add finishing touches including covering a cake drum, and using ribbon and other embellishments to ensure your cake looks perfect
At the end of the Sequins and Flowers Wedding Cake Class, you’ll have a stunning cake to take home, and will have learnt new skills so that you can recreate the cake another time.
All equipment is provided (including a delicious freshly made vanilla cake for you to decorate), and we will be happy to help with any questions at all you may have about cake decorating during the class.