Chalkboard Cake Class
This Chalkboard Cake Class is the perfect class if you are contemplating making a wedding cake, or any other kind of occasion cake that will be tiered, as you will be working with two tiers of real cake in this class. You will learn how to crumbcoat, level and stack more than one tier so that your cake looks perfect.
Chalkboard cakes are the newest and hottest cake trend out there at the moment, and you can learn how to make your own version in class, along with wafer paper flowers which are another modern cake decorating technique.
This 2 tiered cake would be ideal for any occasion, and can be customised to suit a wedding, birthday, or any other special event. Working with black sugarpaste can be challenging for beginners, but you’ll learn our tricks and tips to make it easier, and end up with a gorgeous cake to take home and show off. This is the perfect cake class for somebody looking to learn how to cover and stack big cakes perfectly.
You’ll create your own show-stopping two tier sponge cake to take home, but if you don’t have an occasion to use it for, then don’t worry as it can also be frozen so you can save a tier to eat another time!
During this two day class you will learn how to:
level your sponge cakes and sandwich them together with buttercream
cover and crumbcoat your cake with buttercream
- dowel and stack your cakes
- cover big cakes in sugarpaste, working on a perfect finish and sharp edges to give your cake a professional look
- learn how to work with black sugarpaste
- master handling and rolling sugarpaste for big cakes
- create a ‘chalk’ drawing and writing on your cake
- make a beautiful wafer paper ‘peony’ flower to adorn your cake
- bring your flower to life using edible dusts and lustres
- add finishing touches including covering a cake drum and using ribbon and other embellishments to ensure your cake looks perfect
At the end of the class, you’ll have a stunning cake to take home, and will have learnt new skills so that you can recreate the cake another time. All equipment is provided (including delicious freshly made vanilla cakes for you to decorate), and we will be happy to help with any questions at all you may have about cake decorating during the class.
This class can be paid for in instalments, please contact us to arrange this.