Christmas Poinsettia & Foliage Class
This Christmas Poinsettia & Foliage Class is all about creating amazing handcrafted wired sugar flowers, and is ideal if you’re new to sugar flower making, or you’ve done some basic flowers and would like to expand your knowledge further. You will learn how to make a beautiful festive poinsettia and foliage that will look perfect placed on top of your Christmas cake.
During this class you will learn to:
- Create a stunning poinsettia (it doesn’t have to be red!), berries, ivy and twigs
- Handle, colour and use florist paste
- Use tools such as veiners, wires and other equipment to make your flowers look as realistic as possible
- Use edible dusts and lustres to bring your flowers to life
- Add metallic gold/silver/rose gold for an extra festive touch
- Learn tips and tricks on how to make all types of flowers, and have your questions answered by a tutor renowned for her flower making expertise – if you want to know how best to display your flowers or attach them to a cake, how to transport them when on a cake, or any other question, please feel free to ask
You will leave the class with new found skills so that you can recreate the flower and foliage at home, and a beautiful box of decorations for your cake. All equipment needed for the class will be provided for you.