Owl Carved Cake Class
LAST CHANCE TO DO THIS CLASS! Final class date 20th October.
This carved cake class is a great introduction to the art of carving and novelty cake decorating. You will be taught how to turn simple sponge cakes in to a 3D upright patchwork owl, using carving/sculpting techniques and ganache to create a smooth and professional finish.
This class is aimed at people who have some cake decorating experience, perhaps you have ganached a cake before or used sugarpaste to cover big cakes, but would like to learn more and expand your techniques? Then this is the class for you!
During this class you will learn how to:
- carve and sculpt your cakes in to a cute owl shape
- split and level your sponge cakes and sandwich them together with ganache
- add a support to ensure your 3D cakes remain steady and secure
- cover and crumbcoat your cake with ganache
- colour sugarpaste using gel, in whichever colour scheme you choose
- cover your cake with sugarpaste, getting a smooth finish for maximum effect
- learn different patchwork effects, including polka dots and stitching
- add the final finishing touches and embellishments, including covering your cake drum
- and more!
You will also be talked through the method of making the perfect ganache, and given the recipe for it. At the end of the class, you’ll have a stunning cake to take home and eat with your friends and family, and will have learnt new skills so that you can recreate the cake another time.
All equipment is provided (including delicious cakes for you to carve and decorate), and we will be happy to help with any questions at all you may have about cake decorating during the class.