- This class has passed.
Ganache & Lace Cake Class – Fully Booked
June 29 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm£145
This cake class is a great introduction to cake decorating using ganache and sugarpaste. It is ideal for beginners, or intermediate cake decorators that perhaps haven’t worked with ganache before and would like to learn a new technique, including getting those all important sharp edges and working with cake lace.
During this class you will learn how to:
- split and level your sponge cake and sandwich it together with ganache
- cover and crumbcoat your cake with ganache
- the method of making ganache
- colour fondant using gel, in whichever colour scheme you choose
- cover your cake with sugarpaste, getting the edges as sharp as possible
- make and use edible lace for a pretty and effective way to decorate your cakes, and attach it to your cake
- create a stunning handmade unwired sugarpaste rose, as well as other flowers to scatter across your cake if we have time
- add the final finishing touches and embellishments, such as ribbon and dusts
At the end of the class, you’ll have a stunning cake to take home and eat with your friends and family, and will have learnt new skills so that you can recreate the cake another time.
All equipment is provided (including a delicious vanilla cake for you to decorate), and we will be happy to help with any questions at all you may have about cake decorating during the class.