- This class has passed.
Metallic Wedding Cake Class
24th March 2017 @ 10:00 am - 25th March 2017 @ 4:00 pm£252
SALE – 10% off all class dates in the next month!
This class is all about learning to create the perfect modern wedding cake and learning three different ways to create a metallic effect in either silver or gold. You will create your own version of this cake, in whatever colour scheme you choose, using dummy layers so you can keep the finished cake as a display model if you wish. If you already have some basic cake decorating experience but would like to learn new techniques, then this class is for you.
In this class you will learn how to:
- Cover dummy cakes professionally
- Stack, level, and secure your cake
- Create the perfect smooth finish with sugarpaste
- Make a wired anemone flower
- Create stunning metallic finishes using three different techniques, including a ‘hammered’ tier in gold or silver
- Use lustre dusts to full effect
- Use finishing details to make your cake look perfect, including covering a board with fondant and using ribbons
- and more!
Everything you need will be provided and you will be able to take home your beautiful creation to display your new skills.