- This class has passed.
Square Marble Cake Class
March 30 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm£125
This cake class is a great introduction to covering square cakes. It is ideal for beginners, or intermediate cake decorators that perhaps haven’t worked with ganache before, or haven’t done square cakes before, and would like to learn a new technique.
During this class you will learn how to:
- split and level your sponge cake and sandwich it together with ganache
- cover and crumbcoat your cake with ganache
- get a marble effect, in whichever colour scheme you choose
- cover your cake with sugarpaste, getting the edges as sharp as possible
- create a stunning handmade unwired flower and leaves
- cover a cake drum
- add silver or gold leaf to give your cake the wow factor; and
- add the final finishing touches and embellishments, such as ribbon and dusts
At the end of the class, you’ll have a stunning cake to take home and eat with your friends and family, and will have learnt new skills so that you can recreate the cake another time.
All equipment is provided (including a delicious vanilla cake for you to decorate), and we will be happy to help with any questions at all you may have about cake decorating during the class.