Tall Tier Cake Class
September 11 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm£150
This Tall Tier Cake Class will focus on teaching you how to cover tall extended tier cakes. You will create this beautiful luxury cake, suitable for any occasion, in the colour scheme of your choice, and be able to take it home to enjoy with friends and family.
During this class you will learn how to:
- split and level your sponge cake and sandwich it together with ganache
- cover and crumbcoat your cake with ganache
- colour fondant using gel
- cover your cake with sugarpaste, getting a smooth finish
- make a wired rose
- use gold or silver leaf for simple but effective decoration
- hand pipe ‘pearls’ and swag details in royal icing; and
- finish the cake off so that it looks more professional, including covering your drum and putting ribbon on it
All equipment is provided (including delicious vanilla cakes for you to decorate), and we will be happy to help with any questions at all you may have about cake decorating during the class. You will also have class notes which include a cake recipe so that you can recreate your cake at home.