Watercolour Cake Class
This 2 tiered cake would be ideal for any occasion, and can be customised to suit a wedding, birthday, or any other special event. The class will teach you how to create stunning paint effects on cakes. It’s all totally edible, much easier to achieve than you think and the results can be quite effective. You don’t need to have any experience in painting, or even have held a paintbrush before! This method means that even the most un-artistic of us can produce something unique and pretty, and it is an ideal introductory class for somebody looking to learn how to cover and stack big cakes perfectly.
This cake decorating class is perfect if you are contemplating making a wedding cake, or any other kind of occasion cake that will be tiered, as you will be working with two tiers in this class. You will learn how to crumbcoat, level and fill one tier of real cake, and also learn how to cover a cake dummy so that you can get to grips with both techniques.You’ll create your own show-stopping two tier sponge cake to take home and enjoy with family and friends.
During this two day class you will learn how to:
level, cover and crumb coat your sponge cake with ganache
- cover a cake dummy
- stack your tiers so they are level
- cover deep cakes in sugarpaste, working on a perfect finish and sharp edges to give your cake a professional look
- master handling and rolling sugarpaste for big cakes
- paint with food gels
- choose the correct brush for each effect
- correct and erase mistakes
- use gold or silver leaf as a luxurious finishing touch
- make a beautiful fantasy flower to adorn your cake
- bring your flower to life using edible dusts and lustres and
- add finishing touches including covering a cake drum and using ribbon and other embellishments to ensure your cake looks perfect
At the end of the Watercolour Cake Class, you’ll have a stunning cake to take home, and will have learnt new skills so that you can recreate the cake another time.
All equipment is provided (including a delicious freshly made vanilla cake for you to decorate), and we will be happy to help with any questions at all you may have about cake decorating during the class.
This class can be paid for in instalments, please contact us to arrange this.
Call 0118 911 7917